Stay safe with these online dating tips!
1) Be careful about the personal information you give away online.
2) If you are asked to give out money online to other members, DON'T. It is likely a scam!
3) Make sure your first meeting is in a public place during a decent hour of the day. Meeting at midnight for the first time at a sketchy bar is not the best place to start a relationship!
4) Be smart about drinking, and know that drinking and driving is dangerous and illegal. If you are 21+ limit yourself to no more than 2 drinks for the evening and never leave your drink unattended.
5) Tell someone else of your plans for a first date with someone new and when you expect to be back or if plans change.
6) Carry a phone with you, but make sure to put it on silent as texting and talking on the phone on a first date is rude unless it's an emergency.
7) There is no rush in meeting someone special. Don't let others force you to do things you don't want to do. If you feel threatened, influenced to do something, or unsafe call the police right away.
**These are not all the safe dating tips that there are as it's impossible to list every situation, but these are a guideline to help you form your own safety tips.